We offer unique powder metallurgical high temperature materials withstanding high temperature and corrosive atmospheres as ususally present in biomass gasification plants, pyrolysis or biomass combustion. Powder metallurgy offers unique compositions due to less restrictions in the fabrication process such as weldability or formability. Typical base alloys are FeCrAl or IN 625, which may be modified according to the requirements of the partners device.
The Fraunhofer Institute for Manufacturing and Advanced Materials (IFAM) develops new sinter and composite materials and offers innovative powder metallurgical technologies. Special expertise can be provided in the following areas:
• high temperature and special powder metallurgical (PM) materials
• highly porous materials and fiber metallurgy
• metal matrix composites (MMC), PM compound materials and graded materials
• tribological investigations and PM materials development
• additive manufacturing by electron beam melting and 3D metal printing